Image widget is used to add a single image to the page. For optimum image sizes see What Image Sizes should be used in Vision?.
This article covers:
- Add an image widget
- Add a link to Image
- Resize an image
- Add a caption (available in Vision 2.0 only)
Add an Image Widget
- To add an Image to your event, simply click the Image Widget from the Widget menu and drag it into an open slot.
- In the Edit Image pop up, click to upload an image from your computer (or drag and drop the image inside the box)
- Choose to automatically Use Original image size (recommended), or choose to Crop Image using the resizable grid. You can also zoom in and out, or click and drag to re-position the image within this cropper.
- Click Done, then Save to apply changes to the site
How to add a link to an Image
- Open the Image Widget properties
- From the drop down field Link Type select the type of link you want to add
- Once you have configured the required settings for that Link Type, click Done
- Save changes to the website. Your image now has a hyperlink applied
How to Resize an Image
To adjust how much space the image takes on the page - resize the widget. Hover over the widget until the orange border appears. Then click and drag the border edge to adjust the widget width. The image will scale automatically to fit the space.
To adjust how much space the image takes within the widget (Vision 2.0 only) - adjust the Image Size slider. See the image adjust in real time and click Done to apply your changes.
How to add a Caption (Vision 2.0 only)
To add text to an image, use the 'Show Image Caption' setting. A text editor will open where you can add and style text. Click Done to apply the changes and you will see the text appear below the image. Adjust as needed.