What to expect when you first login after 2FA has been enabled
- If your user account has 2FA enabled, you will be prompted to setup a new password the next time you login.
- Once you login with your email address and new password, follow the on-screen prompts to connect your account to your chosen Authenticator App
How to connect your account to you chosen Authenticator App
1. Choose an Authenticator App:
- Go to your device's app store (Google Play Store for Android or Apple App Store for iOS).
- Search for "authenticator app."
- Download and install a reputable authenticator app like
4. Set Up a new Account within your Authenticator App:
- Open the authenticator app you just installed.
- Usually, there is an option to add a new account within the authenticator app.
- Select "Add Account" or a similar option.
5. Scan the QR Code or Enter Key:
- Scan the QR code presented on the screen using your authenticator app. You'll typically have to grant the app camera permissions.
- Alternatively, you can manually enter the provided key if scanning the QR code is not an option.
6. Verify the Setup:
- Once added, the app will generate a time-based one-time password (TOTP) code for your account.
- Enter the code which displays in your Authenticator App into the GoFundraise screen.
How to use the Authenticator App the next time you log in
After you have successfully setup 2FA, the next time you login to GoFundraise, enter your email address and password. You will then be prompted to enter a code. To get this code,
- Open your authenticator app
- Find the entry/account for the GoFundraise user account you are logging into, and check the time-based one-time password (TOTP) code. It will typically refresh every 30 seconds.
- Enter the current TOTP code on screen when prompted.