Add a new menu item
- Go to your Dashboard () of events, select to Edit the relevant event from your console
- Click Edit Content () -> Manage Menu -> Second Manage Menu
- Click ‘Add Menu Item’
- Fill out the details of this new menu item
Display Text: This is exactly what appears on your menu bar
Position: Sets the order of your menu items. To create a dropdown, use '.1' after the position number (e.g. 1.1)
URL Type: Select a page, function or external link from the dropdown. This could be one of the event content pages, or system generate pages e.g. /pages/create = system create a fundraising page form
URL: This field will be auto-populated depending on your selected URL Type. External URL's must be entered manually (include the http:// if it’s an external URL), e.g. http://www.google.com.
A few other useful system links include
Page name URL My Account page /account/my-profile My Fundraising section /pages/my-pages Prompt user to login /account/logon Donate to beneficiary /payments/donate/beneficiary/XXX (where XXX = Beneficiary ID)
- Click the save button to save your changes.
Edit an existing menu item
- From the Manage Menu page, scroll to locate the item you need to edit
- Click ‘Edit’ to open the menu item properties
- Make changes as needed
- Click Save to save changes
Delete an existing menu item
- From the Manage Menu page, scroll to locate the item you need to delete
- Click ‘Delete’ to remove the item from the main menu
- Item has now been removed from the main menu.
Note: Deleting a menu item will not delete the actual page, it will only remove it from the main menu.